Breckenridge is renown for it’s world-class ski runs and great snow, but beautiful summers in Breckenridge, Colorado are no longer a well kept secret.
Summer activities in Breckenridge, Colorado are abundant and the cool mountain breeze is refreshing to all.
It’s no joke that many have moved to Breckenridge for the winter and stayed for the summer. Once the sweet mountain sunshine hits the trails and the beautiful white snow is now part of the raging blue rivers, the winter coat goes in the storage closet and the summer toys make their appearance.
The quaint historic Victorian town of Breckenridge makes the most of these summer months.
Here is a list of the most popular summer activities for guests who visit Breckenridge, Colorado.
- Bike Riding–
- Rent a cruiser bike for getting around town or for the paved trails that run to Frisco and on to Copper Mountain.
- Mountain bike the trails you love to ski in the winter. There are 12 mountain bike trials accessible from the chair lift taking you to the top.
- Horse Back Riding–
- Breckenridge stables offers rides on the Breckenridge slopes between Peak 9 and 10.
- Gore Range Outfitters will give you a more rugged mountain horse back experience in the nearby Gore Range in Silverthorne.
- White Water Rafting–
- KODI rafting offers the BEST rafting experience in Colorado! Offering experiences of a life-time rafting the Blue river in Silverthorne and National Monument, Brown’s Canyon in Buena Vista. Buena Vista is a beautiful hour drive from Summit County and is one of the most popular rafting in Colorado for good reason. Rafting Brown’s Canyon is a Colorado summer experience you really won’t want to miss.
- Outdoor Dining–
- Grab a table while still enjoying the mountain scenery. Many dining establishments offer outside seating during the summer sunshine. Kenosha steak house is the most popular deck in town but places like Angel’s Hollow and Quandry Grill have great views from your table.
- Peak 8 Fun Park–
- A whole mountain side of outdoor adventure awaits at the base area of Peak 8. Alpine side, roller coaster, miniature golf, human maze and more will be entertaining for hours.
Whatever your summer pastime may be, Breckenridge, Colorado has an activity to enhance your vacation. Come visit this summer and see why many move here for the winter but stay for the summers!