Summer time in Breckenridge, Colorado brings a variety of activities to participate in. Not to mention numerous decks full of sunshine to bask in the mountain views while enjoying your favorite beverage of choice.
Here are the best ways to spend summer days in Breckenridge, Colorado.
Spring is a bitter sweet time of year for the locals here in Breckenridge, Colorado. On the one hand you have end of ski season, meaning your favorite ski runs are melting down and slush is taking over. The resort closes and you are left with the notable memories of a delightful season gone by. On the other hand spring sunshine is refreshing to your spirit and begs anticipation of tremendous summer days ahead.
Summer in the mountains is, simply put, heavenly. The weather is warm yet, with very little humidity, never too hot. Blue skies most mornings followed by refreshingly quick afternoon showers.
Get out your shorts and be ready to play…
- Bike along the Blue River – Rent a cruiser or bring your own. A relaxing journey on the paved bike path south of main street guides you over bridges and along the rushing river. Guided tours available for mountain trails.
- Parade down main street– 4th of July is off the hook on Main Street. Town is oozing with extreme patriotism and excitement.
- Hiking– Trails abound in this area. Choose from beginner to advanced take in the beauty of the forest and wildflowers covering the mountains. Find a path on your favorite ski run and see what it looks like covered in flowers instead of snow.
- Fishing– Choose your outfitter and get expert advice on where and what is biting in the streams.
- Discover History– Breckenridge Heritage Alliance offers walking tours on the weekends. Look at Breckenridge with a whole new set of eyes once you hear the stories of people, building and drama that have gone down. Breckenridge history played by it’s own rules.
- Fun Park– Fun overload may be a better description, but I bet you’re up for the challenge. Fly down the slopes on the Gold Run Coaster and Alpine slide. Enjoy a scenic chair ride, get lost in the walking maze, and win a round of put put golf at the base of Peak 8.
- Relax by the Pool– Many lodging accommodations include pool and hot tub amenities to their guests. Let the kids run wild or get your much-needed adult hot tub time in your so deserve.
- Horseback Picnic Ride– Combine two summer pastimes in one pleasurable outing. Gore Range Outfitters saddles up in the morning to revel in the fresh mountain air as your pony climbs the hillside.
- Raft the rivers– Whitewater companies based in Breckenridge offer rafting trips on rivers through out the state. Book your trip time and river level and be in for one heck of a ride.
- Happy Hour Unwind– Downtown Breck is literally full of incredible options for your post-exertion reward. Angel’s Hollow, Kenosha Steak House and Modis are just a few who have the views and vibes you’re looking for.
Seriously, you loved us during winter, now come back and let us show you what this town has to offer in the summer sun…
See You Soon!