“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axes.” -Abraham Lincoln
Ladies and Gentlemen, get ready to start planning your Breckenridge ski vacation NOW!
Breckenridge ski resort is now one of the most visited ski resorts in America. Do not wait until December to start making plans, it will be too late.
Use these ski vacation tips to start sharpening your axes BEFORE you arrive to Breckenridge.
- Always order your ski passes online a minimum of two weeks prior to the dates you will be using them. If you have your plastic hard pass from previous trips to Breckenridge, simply plug the pass number in online and add the amount of ski days you would like to purchase.
- Schedule ski rental delivery. Gone are the days when you could roll into town and walk up to the ski rental counter and get fitted in fifteen minutes. Ski shops are busy, lines get long and there goes a couple hours you could have been on the hill instead of waiting for your skis.
- Choose your lodging company wisely. Look for an established business with great reviews and a full service concierge available to help you plan your activities and dining reservations. Christmas week reservations need to be made no later than August 15th to catch the best lodging promotions.
- Book off-the-ski-slope adventures ahead of time. Snowmobile tours, horse drawn sleigh rides can fill up fast during prime ski season (which is essentially Christmas through March). Make those reservations ahead especially if you are traveling with a large family/group.
- Pack the vital ski clothing for your time on the slopes. Taking your first turns and realizing your face or hands are freezing is not the best feeling. Well-fitting goggles, warm gloves and the proper amount of layers makes a winter day on the slopes tons of fun instead of a frozen experience.
Being prepared with these essentials will guarantee your skiing adventure a trip to remember. On your mark, get set and…. Go! Make vacation memories that will last a lifetime.